Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Fantastic First Meeting!

Hi Grandview Gardeners!
We had our first-ever meeting tonight and it was a grand success! Sixty or seventy people were there to hear our guest speaker Egan Davis give us some good ideas about how to tackle seemingly impossible tasks in the garden. Everyone enjoyed it immensely.
Our next meeting is Wednesday, May 21st, also at Astorino's Hall (on the corner of Venables and Commercial). Everyone is welcome, of course. Membership for the year is $20 or you can pay $4 per meeting if you prefer to drop in occasionally.
We welcome suggestions of topics or interesting speakers.
Cheers,
Penny Street

2 comments:

  1. I attended the initial meeting last night and enjoyed Egan's good humour and enthusiasm, but I am concerned that the Garden Club will focus purely on decorative gardening as opposed to local food production, which is my primary interest. Is there room for a garden foodie in the mix? Could the Garden Club assist food gardeners to find each other and share skills? I would very much appreciate that opportunity.
    Micah Waskow--new member 48

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Micah, I agree that we should pay a lot of attention to the interests of food gardeners. I've got my own garden divided about half-and-half vegetables-and-decorative plants. I believe we all agree we should try to maintain a good balance in the programming. Penny

    ReplyDelete